We’ve been gradually evolving our family diet towards a low sugar, low fat, alkaline one and although it hasn’t been easy, it’s been extremely beneficial. Here’s another tasty recipe with less sugar than store bought versions and whole wheat flour, but I promise you – it tastes soooo good! Enjoy! 🙂
Apple Cinnamon Crumb Cake
1 cup whole wheat flour
1 cup bread flour
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 tsp salt
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
3 tsp ground cinnamon
2/3 vegetable oil
1 cup milk
4 organic apples, peeled, cored, chopped
2/3 cups brown sugar
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
4 tbsp vegetable oil based margarine
2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees, grease cake pan with vegetable oil based margarine, bottom and sides
- Mix flour, salt, brown sugar, baking powder, ground cinnamon, vegetable oil, eggs, and milk in a large mixing bowl until the batter is smooth. Add apples and stir until the apples are covered in the batter.
- In a small bowl, mix the margarine, flour and cinnamon with a fork until uniform in consistency. (It should be on the dry side and broken up into little pieces or crumbs)
- Pour cake batter into your greased baking pan. Sprinkle the crumble over the unbaked batter.
- Bake in preheated oven for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out dry and clean.
- Cool for 10 minutes. Serve warm. 🙂