Kale is another one of the super foods for maintaining good health. It’s packed with minerals that boost the immune system and its fiber rich. It has also been reported that Kale fights cancer and has been proven to help reduce the risk of lung cancer by 37%.
Vitamins and minerals such as Vitamins A, B6, and K, Copper, Potassium, Manganese, Calcium and Magnesium are some of the nutrients contained in kale. It also contains more Vitamin C than oranges!
Here’s an easy, tasty recipe for getting a required serving of kale into your diet – it’s also one of my favorites!
3 bushels of organic kale
2 organic sweet potatoes
2 organic potatoes
1 yellow onion
Optional Seasonings for taste: sea salt, black pepper, ground ginger, cinnamon
(I try to use organic vegetables whenever possible but regular vegetables are ok for use. Organic vegetables contain fewer pesticides, are fresher and are better on the environment.)
- Wash and chop the veggies
- Pour 2 cups of water and a tablespoon of vegetable oil into a large pot; bring water to a boil
- Add the chopped onions, potatoes and sweet potatoes to the boiling water and cook until tender over medium heat (you can add more water as needed)
- Add the kale and seasonings to taste, cook for 20 minutes or until desired tenderness of the kale is reached
- Serve with flatbread and plantains for a delicious, healthy meal! 🙂